Get a free no obligation call
Experts in Law and Business
Running a business is pretty tough without having to understand the minefield that can be Company Law. You’ve got to remember that a limited company is its own entity, governed by rules set out in the Companies Act 2006 and its own Articles of Association and Memorandum. Our expert company law solicitors advise company officers, shareholders and directors, with any company law matter.
As our client you’ll get
- Excellent advice, both legal and commercial
- Fast and responsive – deals over the line as quickly as possible
- Plain English – limiting jargon and legalese
- Convenience – we’re digital, so there’s no traipsing into a boardroom office for constant meetings
- Fixed fees – so you know exactly what you’re paying in advance.
Companies Act 2006
The Companies Act regulates companies in England & Wales and provides procedures for a number of things a company may wish to do.
Articles of Association
A company’s own rule book – its constitution – which regulates what the company’s shareholders can and cannot do.
For us, Company Law relates to anything which a limited company needs to do with its own shares, its constitution or as it relates to Companies House. Our expert company lawyers can help your business with:
- Company Formation
- Directors and Shareholders Meetings / Resolutions
- Change of Company Name
- Issuing new shares or new share classes
- Share Option Agreements – such as growth shares/hurdle shares
- A Company’s purchase of its own shares
- Reorganisation of share capital
- Employee Share Schemes (e.g. EMI Schemes)
- Increases or reduction of share capital
- Directors Service Contracts / Dismissing Directors
- New Articles of Association
- Conversion to LTD from Sole Trader, Partnership or LLP
- Charity Law
We will always endeavour to provide you with a fixed cost for whatever work you require.
To allow us to do that, we always suggest we hold an initial ‘discovery call’ to understand better your requirements.
So get in touch today for a free no obligation call with one of our company law experts.
Why do you need a solicitor for your company law matters?
Because a company is its own legal entity and one which is regulated by law and whose information is publicly available online at Companies House it is imperative that things are done properly.
Our company law solicitors will help you to ensure that your company is compliant and that whatever process we’re dealing with – from issue new classes of shares to partners, to giving employees share options or a restructuring your share capital – we will do it expertly, on time and on price.
So get in touch today to discuss how Your Business Lawyer can help with your company law requirements.
From Our Founder
Why Choose Your Business Lawyer?
Hello, I’m Steven Mather the founder of Your Business Lawyer.
I’m passionate about providing excellent service to my clients. I’ve been doing it since I qualified in 2008, through a route which saw me become partner of Leicestershire based firm by age of 28, be featured in The Times as Lawyer of the Week, be a runner up for Solicitor of the Year and more besides,
I love working with small and medium sized businesses and my team here have huge expertise and experience in providing excellent service to clients.
It’s not just me saying it though, take a look at our client reviews – 5 stars all round.
But if you’re still unsure, pick up the phone or drop me a message and let’s have a free no obligation chat about your requirements and why I think Your Business Lawyer will be the best choice.